The Weaver Xtreme free version (Version 3.1 or later) of the theme allows you to add a Video either in the Header Area or as a Background Parallax image on the Front Page only.
The Weaver Xtreme Plus (Version 3.0 or later) plugin allows you to specify a Header Video on any page.
Select Image for Front Page
- Set the link to the Header Video Content- Set in the Customize : Images : Header Media (Content) menu. We recommend using a YouTube hosted video as in this example.
- Set an Alternate Header Image – The WordPress Header Video will currently only be displayed on devices with a screen width of greater than 800 px. For smaller devices, usually mobile devices, a static header image will be displayed instead. For best design results, this static header images should be a screenshot of the actual video in the same aspect ratio as the video. Use the same Customize : Images : Header Media (Content) menu to set the matching Header Image.
- Set the Header Video Layout – There are two things to set for the Header Video Layout. Note that due to some restrictions in the Customizer, the video content selection is found on one menu, while the video layout is on a separate menu – Customize : Images : Header Media (Layout).
- Header Video Rendering – in the Header area as a replacement for a standard Header Image, or as a Parallax Background video. Using a Parallax Background video will usually require giving the Content Area a background color (e.g., white), or making the text white and providing a dark transparent background color.
- Header Video Aspect Ratio – The most common aspect ratio for videos today is 16:9 as used on HD TVs and most computer screens. 16:9 is the default aspect ratio, but there can be many reasons to use other aspect ratios. Weaver Xtreme provides a selection of several other commonly used Cinematic video aspect ratios. The video in this example uses a wider aspect ratio commonly called Cinescope which is popular for many popular movies. There are also some banner aspect ratios useful for short, wide videos in the header area. It is up to you to provide an appropriate video and matching static image for your site.